Commonly, everybody knows about Zebra some common Zebra facts. Zebra is very beautiful and social animal. Zebras are several species of African horse family united with their notable black & white striped coats. Zebra stripes are in different patterns, unique to each individual and they are generally social animals that live in small harems to large herds. But here is some interesting Zebra facts for you if you are a real Zebra Lover.
So Zebra Lover Here is something for you.
1. Its quite surprising but Zebras are actually black, with white stripes.
2. A group of Zebras is called a “Dazzle“.
3. The child of a Donkey and a Zebra is called a “Zonkey.”
4. Than any other animal, Zebras are responsible for more injuries to U.S. Zookeepers. May be its because of their fickle mood.
5. If someone attacks on a Zebra, its family will come to its defense.
6. Ostriches and Zebras often live together to protect each other from predators. The Zebra can hear and smell the danger better and the Ostrich can see better.
7. Once, Two Zebras died of hunger in a Zoo of Palestine. And they were replaced with Donkeys painted with black and white stripes.
8. It is sad to know, but some people pay thousands of dollars to hunt the Zebras and other African animals on large ranches in Texas.
9. Some individual Zebras have been domesticated but most cannot as they are unpredictable and known to attack people.
10. Like a Barcode, Scientists can identify even a single Zebra by “scanning” their stripes.
11. Zebras have just three species on earth.
12. Zebras communicate with each other by high pitched barks and whinnying.
13. Zebras feed almost entirely on grasses, but occasionally eat twigs, leaves, shrubs, herbs, and bark.
14. Female Zebras mature earlier than the males
15. Male Zebras are not able to breed until the age of five or six.
16. In African folk tales, it tells the story of how they Zebras got their stripes.
17. A Zebra‘s ears signify its mood.