Our Solar System is made up with all the planets which are orbiting a star we call SUN. The Solar System also consists of comets, asteroids, meteoroids, interplanetary medium, moons, minor planets, satellites, gas and dust. And all this in the Solar System revolves around the average star Sun. With all this we are talking about the more imp Solar System facts and here we go.
Solar System Facts
1. It takes the Solar System about 240 million years to complete one orbit of the Galaxy.
2. The Sun accounts for about 99.86% of the total mass of the Solar System.
3. Earth is the only place in the Solar System where water is in its 3 states of solid, liquid and vapor.
4. In the whole Solar System, Earth is the only place where a total Solar Eclipse can happen.
5. Neptune has the strongest winds in the Solar System: 2,100 km/hour (1,304 mph).
6. if we assume, an atom would be as big as the Solar System, a neutrino would as small as a golf ball.
7. Of all the solar system’s planets, Venus is the closest to Earth and a twin also, with a similar size, orbit and composition.
8. Uranus has the coldest planetary atmosphere in the Solar System having a minimum temperature of -371.56 °F (−224 °C).
9. In the world, Sweden has the largest scale model of solar system. It is in 1:20 million and stretches 950 km across the country.
10. A new model of the chemistry of the early solar system says that up to half the water now on Earth was inherited from an lush supply of interstellar ice as our sun formed.
11. In the whole Solar System, Mars has the tallest mountain on it with a height of 22 km (14 mi).
12. in the whole Solar System, Mars has the largest dust storms. They can last for months and can cover the entire planet.
13. Uranus is the third-largest planet in the Solar System.
14. Venus has over 1600 volcanoes. More than any other planet in the solar system.
15. The solar system is 4.54 billion years old.
16. Earth spins at around 1,000 mph and hurtles through space in its orbit around the sun at about 67,000 mph.