This is an old story perhaps everybody knows about but One day a boy saw an apple falling from the tree and thinks about the forces of nature and discovered the Force of Gravity and that boy was Sir Isaac Newton. Newton was an English mathematician and physicist. He is widely recognized as one of the most influential scientists of all time and a key figure in the scientific revolution.
2. When Newton was in young age, he once threatened his mother and stepfather to burn alive.
3. An apple didn’t hit Newton‘s head, but it did make him to think if the force that makes apples fall influences the moon’s motion around Earth.
4. Isaac Newton developed a sunlight phobia from staring at the sun.
5. Newton discovered calculus about in same time, in which an average student learns it.
6. Famous left-handed people includes Newton with Napoleon, Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Einstein, Bill Gates, Oprah, Obama and Jimi Hendrix.
7. Newton was secretly an Alchemist.
8. Isaac Newton was a Member of Parliament for a year and said only just one sentence, he asked a nearby usher to close an open window.
9. In 1720, Sir Newton lost the equivalent value of USD 3 million in today’s money on stock market.
10. The Bible was Newton’s greatest passion.
11. Newton’s Principia Mathematica contained a simple calculation error that went unnoticed for 300 years.
12. A sample of Sir Isaac Newton‘s apple tree was sent into space to ‘defy gravity.’
13. It is believed that Isaac Newton died a virgin.
14. In 1666, using a prism Newton observed the Sun’s light and showed people that the light is made up of many co lours.
15. In the 17th Century, 1 in every 10 British coins was forged. Newton oversaw a huge project to recall the old currency, and issue a more reliable one.
16. “The great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me” was Newton’s last words.
17. On the Christmas morning, Isaac was born prematurely. He was given little chance of survival.
18. 39% of philosophers would say Newton “discovered” calculus and while 37% would say he “invented” it. The rest have other ideas about it.
19. When Cambridge University was closed by the plague, Newton was forced to return home. This ended up as the most productive period of his life.
Read Also – Some Interesting facts about our Solar System.